113 E. Aurora Street
Ironwood, MI 49938
Map & Directions
Wed, Thur, & Fri:
Noon - 4:30pm
109 E. Aurora Street
Ironwood, MI 49938
(Two doors west of the main theatre entrance)
Operation of the Historic Ironwood Theatre is supported in part by an award from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment for the Arts.
"Five Flicks" - The Civilian Conservation Corps
Saturday, Apr. 25, 2015 at 11:00 am
Saturday, Apr. 25, 2015 at 2:00 pm
DUE TO THE LOW COST OF TICKETS FOR THESE MOVIES (INC. SOME FREE) NO ON-LINE TICKET SALES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THESE EVENTS
Come join us as we explore various aspects of the history of America at work through popular film. A subsidiary event to the MI Humanities Council presentation of The Way We Worked Exhibit at the Downtown Art Place (DAP). Admission to TWWW movies is just $5.00 each
The movies to be shown are:
- Chaplin's Modern Times: The Little Tramp struggles to survive in the modern, industrialized world.
- The Civilian Conservation Corps: The PBS documentary tells the story of the CCC and how this New Deal program put three million men to work.
- Desk Set: Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy RomCom. Computer salesman and librarian clash over the computerization of a TV network's research department. Presented in cooperation wirth the Ironwood Carnegie Library. Check out the display at the library in the weeks prior to the movie screening.
- The Molly Maguires: Sean Connery and Richard Harris play Irish immigrant miners who retaliate against harsh PA mining conditions with sabotage and murder. Also stars Samantha Eggar.
- The Cradle Will Rock: Directed by Tim Robbins, the film focuses on a leftist musical drama and attempts to stop its production. The star-studded cast includes Susan Sarandon, Hank Azaria, Bill Murray, John Cusack, Joan Cusack and Vanessa Redgrave in this true story of politics and art in the 1930s.